Salmon has been a favorite in many homes for years. The tender yet sumptuous fish meat makes every family member crave for more. It is also best enjoyed over parties and gatherings. Some even go out to dine in fancy restaurants to have a taste of this delicious feast. Teriyaki style is among the many ways of how to cook salmon. Known to come from Japanese taste, baked teriyaki salmon will surely leave your taste buds with an authentic Asian feel.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sesame seed
- 2 tbsp. onion (finely chopped)
- 1 lbs. fresh salmon fillet
- Garlic (minced)
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
How to Cook:
- Take one ziplock bag (gallon size) and combine the following ingredients: Teriyaki sauce, oil, garlic, onion, pepper, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Mix everything together by gently squeezing the bag.
- In a single layer, add the fillet salmon. You may use either fresh or frozen fish. Make sure that the fillet is well covered for the best results when marinating. Remove excess air and seal.
- Marinate the salmon for a few hours if it is fresh. If it is frozen, have it marinated the whole day or two. Place it inside the fridge.
- After that, take out the salmon fillet from the bag. Place them in a shallow container. Have them positioned in single layer. If the salmon has skin, have it skin side down.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/4 cup of the marinade over the salmon.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on tops of the fillet.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remember not to bake it for too long otherwise the salmon will become dry.
- Serve immediately while it is still hot.
- Best served with rice noodles or stir fried vegetables.